All the hallmarks of an SUV: long, horizontal bonnet; vertical face; raised body line
From MPV to sharp SUV, Peugeot’s 5008 goes under the knife writes Geraldine Herbert
- Peugeot’s new Nissan X-Trail, Honda CR-V and Skoda Kodiaq rival will be unveiled at the upcoming Paris Motor Show later this month.
- Compared to the previous 5008, the new model is just a little longer making it still compact enough to park in those tight multi-storey spaces but large enough for a family.
- Cocooned snugly inside the 5008 the interior features the latest iteration of Peugeot’s so-called ‘i-cockpit’ interior layout and can boast the smallest steering wheel on the market.
- Families will love the roomy and versatile backseats particularly the three seats in the second row that fold and tilt separately. They have five different seatback angles and feature adjustable headrests that drop down when the seats are empty.
- You can fit three child seats across the second row, as well as adjusting and folding them separately.
- The Peugeot 5008 is also safe and comes with a host of Cutting-edge Advanced Driver Assistance Systems make driving even safer and an arsenal of safety features available: a Safety pack, including Automatic Emergency Braking System (AEBS) and Distance Alert systems; Active Lane Keeping Assistance (LKA); Driver attention warning and Smart Beam Assistance to name but a few.
- Ideal for those impromptu IKEA trips the 5008 has over 1000 litres of cargo space even in five-seat configuration.
- There’ll be a wide range of turbocharged petrol and diesel engines available.
- In terms of running costs, no fuel economy figures have been released yet.
- The new 5008 SUV will launch in Europe next spring and prices and specifications for will be announced closer to launch.
8th September, 2016