Whether a simple arrangement with one parent or a wide group of parents all participating on different days complete with excel spreadsheets once established there are a few golden rules to car pooling;
1) Car pooling is not a chauffeuring service, the convenience of having your child or children collected means you need to return the favour a few times a week also.
2) Be on time, it’s not only annoying to be late but there is also a safety issue as you are more likely to take chances when you are behind schedule.
3) Sooner or later, something will happen and someone will have to cancel so always have a back up driver.
4) Be careful of involving too many parents, the more parents that are involved the less you will have to drive but it may mean driving a much longer distance to collect and drop off kids when it’s your turn.
5) Drive safely and ensure you have the correct and properly fitted car seat for all children in the car.
20th August, 2018