We have 5 reasons why slowing down is a good idea writes Geraldine Herbert
It is National “Slow Down” Day from 7 am today until – 7 am tomorrow and Gardaí are launching a major speed clamp-down this weekend.
We have 5 reasons why slowing down is a good idea
- Save lives- Most children hit by a car at 30km/h make a full recovery, whereas most hit at 50km/h will be killed or face a lifetime of disability.
- Save Fuel –Driving at 110km/h uses up to 9% more fuel than at 96km/h and up to 15% more than at 80km/h.
- Save on Maintenance – Lower speeds should also reduce vehicle wear and tear.
- Save Stress – Driving can actually be a relaxing and pleasant experience.
- Save Money – Staying within the speed limits means no speeding tickets!
11th December 2020