New Year’s Eve is a time of celebration and new beginnings and many of us are probably preparing for that final festive event.
When it comes to alcohol, have fun but be smart; don’t start a new year with tragedy. Here are some tips for staying safe on the roads tonight.
- A drinking session the night before can easily put you over the legal limit the following morning. Organise alternative travel plans for the next day.
- If you know someone has been drinking, don’t let them give you a lift or drive home.
- If you drive to a party and drink more than you expected to, don’t risk it. Book yourself a taxi or arrange for a friend or family member to collect you.
- If you are involved in a road accident you will be breathalysed – don’t risk it, or somebody else’s mistake could become your problem.
- Drinks poured at home are usually larger than pub measures – don’t underestimate how much you’ve had.
- Don’t try and calculate whether or not you have consumed enough to tip you over the drink-drive limit.
For more driving advice check out our tips sections
31st December, 2015