This week we are driving Bentley’s ultra-luxurious Mulsanne Speed, here are eight things worth knowing about it writes Geraldine Herbert
1) The car is named after the Mulsanne Corner of the Le Mans racing circuit,
2) According to Bentley the Speed is designed for customer who drive themselves.
3) We still reckon its the back seat passenenges who really get to enjoy the Mulsanne, relax and stretch out and enjoy electrically operated tables, a refrigerated bottle cooler and on board WiFi.
4) Are you a speed freak? This Bentley is no slouch and packs 530 bhp from its 6.75-liter twin-turbo V-8 engine.
5) The Bentley Mulsanne Speed is certainly more fuel efficient than the previous generation, but it certainly wont win any fuel efficieny awards and returns a mere 19.3 mpg or 14.6 litres/100km.
6) CO2 emissions are 342 g/km so annual motor tax is €2,350.
7) It takes five days to paint the Mulsanne by hand.
8) With prices from £252,000 you could buy a 4 bedroomed semi detached house in the Dublin for the same amount.
16th November, 2015