Crossovers and hybrids are all the rage. By combining the two the new Niro makes an very interesting addition to the Kia Line-up writes Geraldine Herbert
- First shown at the 2016 Geneva International Motor Show, the Niro is a low-emissions hybrid crossover.
- The New Kia Niro will arrive in Ireland in Mid October
- Prices will start from €30,495 so with the current €1,500 government hybrid grant the prices would be in the region of €28,995 the grant is however due for review in the October Budget.
- The Niro comes fully loaded and standard goodies include, Sat Nav with Android Auto, Full Leather Heated, Dual Aircon with Rain Sensor, Lane Keep Assist, LED front and rear lights and Privacy Glass
- CO2 emissions are just 88 grams so annual motor tax is €180.
- As expected the Niro is also frugal and the 1.6-litre petrol engine, combined with an electric motor, uses 3.8 litres of fuel for every 100 km of driving.
- Extra safety options include AEB and Smart Cruise Control.
- Kia expect 200 Niros to find homes in 2017.
12th July, 2016