1. Traffic data shows that the volume of cars for the week commencing 02 August was just 12.6% lower in regional locations and 16.3% lower in Dublin than the same week in 2019
2. The volume of heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) is now greater than it was for the same period in 2019 in Dublin.
3. The number of journeys taken on public transport is not recovering at the same rate as road traffic volumes.
4. The impact of COVID restrictions on rail journeys was more significant than that on journeys by bus or Luas ( Rail data includes passenger journeys on Intercity and DART services)
5. The impact on the Luas red and green lines, while very similar, has been slightly greater on the green line.
6. The number of passengers travelling through Dublin, Cork and Shannon airports in the first seven months of 2020 is 70.3% lower than the same period last year.
7. The number of vehicles licensed in the first seven months of 2020 fell by more than 31,000 vehicles compared to the same period in 2019.
8. There were 84 road fatalities in the first seven months of 2020. This compares with 78 for the same period last year.
17th August 2020