A new organisation devoted to improving motoring standards has been launched. Good Driving Ireland is a voluntary organization which aims to promote the learning and use of advanced driving skills, a standard that results in safer journeys on our roads.
Advanced driving recognises that driving is a skill and as such can be improved with training and practice to develop a safer driving method which results in an improved safety environment for all road users.
The benefits of using Advanced Driving techniques are
• A safer driving environment for the individual and fellow road users.
• Reduced insurance premiums for qualified advanced drivers are offered by several companies.
• Reduced fuel consumption from better driving techniques.
• Lower maintenance costs due to reduced wear and tear on vehicles.
• A smoother journey for the driver or motorcyclist and their passengers.
For more information check out the Good Driving Ireland website
28th September, 2013