Before you drive your new car off the forecourt it is important to check that everything is in order writes Suzanne Keane
Our list of ten things you need to check before you drive away your brand new car
- Collect the car in daylight hours to ensure that no damage has occurred on route to the dealership.
- Make sure the registration plates match.
- Ensure any options you specified have been included.
- Check that the fuel tank is full.
- If you are buying on a PCP or a similar finance deal ensure all the documents are signed.
- Two sets of keys should be provided.
- Are there any aspects of the car that you are unsure about? If so now is the time to ask for a demonstration.
- It is always a good idea to take the name and number of the person handing the car over.
- Often overlooked until it is too late but you should always know if you have a spare tyre, a space saver or a puncture repair kit.
- Finally, ring your insurance company and make sure you are covered before leaving the forecourt.
30th January, 2017