Lexus offered a glimpse of what was to come with a stunning new concept that showcased the design, driving and advanced technologies that will feature in future models writes Geraldine Herbert
1) Featuring a sharp and sleek stance the LF-Z Electrified concept marks a more modern interpretation of Lexus signature design elements.
2) Not only is it cool and futuristic looking on the outside inside the minimalist cabin technology abounds and even passengers can enjoy the benefits; the reclining rear seats are equipped with a massage function
3) The cockpit design is based on the ‘Tazuna’ philosophy and allows the driver to access various functions and information intuitively, without having to move their line of sight through the use of augmented reality and artificial intelligence.
4) Other high tech touches include a fly-by-wire system for the steering so there is no actual mechanical connection to the steering shaft,
5) The LF-Z is powered by a 90 kWh battery that can charge at up to 150kW and offers a range of 600 km
6) Reasurirngly the LF-Z comes with the Lexus’ DIRECT4 system, a new four-wheel driving technology that allows for power to be directed to all wheels at once or to the front or rear wheels independently.
7) LF-Z Electrified’s sensors scan the surrounding environment for oncoming and adjacent traffic before any passengers or the driver can leave the vehicle.
8) There is also a digital key to allow access for family and friends without having to physically hand over a conventional key, you can also operate certain functions within the car with a smartphone, such as opening and closing the door locks.
9) Lexus plans to launch 20 all-new or redesigned models over the next five years including more than 10 battery-electric (BEVs), plug-in hybrid electric (PHEVs) and hybrid (HEVs).
April 2nd 2021