Jaguar says it is ready to take on BMW and Audi with their new XF writes Geraldine Herbert
1) On the outside, the new XF has a familiar Jaguar-style grille and very distinctive coupe like profile.
2) The XF has gone on a diet and weighs 190kg less than before so that means not only better fuel economy but also improved handling.
3) Much of this weight loss is due to the use of aluminium.
4) 83% of the Jaguar XF is all new.
5) Prices are not yet confirmed but the XF is expected to start around the €45,000 price range.
6) The new 2-litre Ingenium diesel engine is likely to be the most popular with Irish buyers but if you want a little more pep in your step, you can always opt for the 3-litre supercharged V6 petrol already found in the F-Type.
7) The new XF is also crammed with every gadget and new technology available including full-LED headlights, a laser head-up display which delivers high-contrast colour images, autonomous emergency braking, adaptive cruise control with queue-assist, lane keep-assist, intelligent speed limiter and semi-automated parking.
8) The 540-litre boot is bigger than both than one in either the BMW 5 Series or Mercedes E-Class.
9) Families will love the roomy and versatile interior and Jaguar reckon the new XF has more leg room than its main rival the BMW 5 series.
17th August, 2015