We find out more about the highly anticipated 2017 Skoda Kodiaq seven-seat SUV writes Geraldine Herbert
1) At 4.70 metres long, Škoda’s new SUV can comfortably seat seven people .
2) Škoda’s Kodiaq not only has the biggest boot of any SUV on the market it will also have a third row of seats as an optional extra.
3) It will have a choice of five engines – two diesels (one a 2.0 litre) and three petrol (these engines will be TSI units).
4) Reassuringly it will be offered in both front and four wheel drive options.
5) Inside, the 2017 Škoda Kodiaq is a bastion of luxury and technology and offers the very latest in-car connectivity and driving assistance systems.
6) When revealed to the public in September it is expected to share many styling features with the Vision S concept car.
7) The name refers to the Kodiak bear that lives on a remote island near Alaska.
8) The new SUV will go on sale in 2017 and will compete with models such as the Hyundai Santa Fe, Nissan X-Trail and Land Rover Discovery Sport.
9) The Kodiaq is the first of a number of SUV’s that Skoda will launch over the next few years.
8th July, 2016