What is it? There are a huge range of dash cams to choose from and the latest from Mio is the J60. We previously tested the MiVue 766.
Who is it best for? The most obvious benefit is the role of the dashcam as a silent witness. In the event of an accident, first-hand evidence can be provided in the form of a HD quality recording of the incident along with a map, time, date and the speed. They can be also very useful in resolving disputes or establishing exactly how a crash occurred and in reducing staged crashes or insurance scams. Plus, they are perfect for parents who allow their children to use their cars.
Best points? The dash cam will capture every detail in 1080p Full HD recording at 30 fps – with the latest H.264 technology for high quality videos at a smaller file size.
Anything else? There is also integrated Wi-Fi so you can send your videos to your smartphone for back up, or share your experiences on Facebook via the MiVue Pro app.
Where can I get one? The Mio MiVue J60 Dash Cam with WiFi and GPS isFull details on Mio website
Will it break the bank? The J60 dash cam is competitively priced from around €135.
What’s the verdict? While there is a wide choice of Dashcams on the market the J60 is worth considering if you want a small discrete camera with good features.
Why you will buy one? Compact, stylish, wide angled viewing range of 150°.
Why you won’t? Not the most user-friendly.
· 1080p Full HD recording at 30 fps – with the latest H.264 technology for high-quality videos at a smaller file size.
· Integrated Wi-Fi – easily send your videos to your smartphone for back up, or share your experiences on Facebook via the MiVue Pro app.
· 150° wide-angle view – to clearly capture every detail at critical moments with wide dynamic range technology.
· F1.8 aperture lens – allows more light through the sensor for superior video quality, particularly in low light conditions.
· Safety camera warnings – free safety camera data updates for the lifetime of your device.
GPS Tracking- built-in GPS tracker, your location and speed are logged during every recording.
For more information on the Mio range check out their website
16th December 2018