- The first cars to come to Ireland will be the 1st Edition models and will arrive in summer 2020 and cost from under €40,000 after grants
- Expect an under €30,000 entry-level mode, if you can call it that, with 45 kWh car and a 330km range to launch at the end of 2020.
- The ID3 comes in three flavours Short range (330 kms), midrange (420 kms), and long-range (550 kms).
- In terms of size, it is just slightly longer, higher and wider than the current Golf but comes with the same boot space of 380 litres.
- In a rush? No problem thanks to its fast-charging capability, it is possible to charge the ID.3 sufficiently for a range of around 290 kilometres (WLTP) within 30 minutes, using a charging output of 100 kW.
- If you are a fan of Scandinavian interiors you will love the pared-down interior while contemporary and clever design touches abound.
- Reassuringly VW offers a 160,000 kilometres or eight years warranty on the battery pack.
9th September 2019