Volkswagen has unveiled the ID.3, its first ‘electric car for the masses’ writes Geraldine Herbert
- The first cars to come to Ireland will be the 1st Edition models and will arrive in summer 2020 and cost from under €40,000 after grants
- Expect an under €30,000 entry-level mode, if you can call it that, with 45 kWh car and a 330km range to launch at the end of 2020.
- The ID3 comes in three flavours Short range (330 kms), midrange (420 kms), and long-range (550 kms).
- In terms of size, it is just slightly longer, higher and wider than the current Golf but comes with the same boot space of 380 litres.
- In a rush? No problem thanks to its fast-charging capability, it is possible to charge the ID.3 sufficiently for a range of around 290 kilometres (WLTP) within 30 minutes, using a charging output of 100 kW.
- If you are a fan of Scandinavian interiors you will love the pared-down interior while contemporary and clever design touches abound.
- Reassuringly VW offers a 160,000 kilometres or eight years warranty on the battery pack.
For more information on the ID.3 visit the Volkswagen Ireland website or its Facebook page for further details.
9th September 2019