- The new SUV is set to rival the Audi Q3, BMW X1, Mercedes-Benz GLA and Range Rover Evoque.
- It’s a handsome devil! We particularly like the new diamond-effect grille sports a hexagonal surround of dynamic lines, with the DS emblem taking pride of place in the centre.
- Powering the DS 7 will be a wide choice of engines: two diesel engines with 130 or 180 bhp; or three petrol engines with 130, 180 or 225 bhp.
- A plug-in hybrid, with all-wheel-drive called E-Tense will be available in 2019.
- Design is key in the DS 7, as it is with all DS, according to Thierry Metroz, DS Design Director the new addition is a “ charismatic car ideally proportioned. A perfect alchemy of power and refinement.”.
- Inside there is a choice of five interior ambiences, each designed to reflect the lifestyles and expectations of each customer and their temperament.
- The five seater Crossback is great for luggage as well as people and has a very decent 550 litre boot.
- There are also some innovative comfort features including ‘Active Scan’ suspension system, which uses cameras to read the road ahead and automatically adjust the car’s dampers for the most comfortable ride.
- And finally, the new luxury DS is full of goodies including two 12-inch screens for the navigation system, multimedia interface, DS connectivity and digital instrument cluster and if all of that is not enough 14 Focal Electra loudspeakers are positioned around the cabin to deliver a perfect sound.
- The new DS 7 Crossback will be in Irish showrooms at the start of 2018 and we would expect prices to be in around the €38,000 mark.
28th February, 2017