Mercedes-AMG has announced official details of the new C 63 Coupe, their BMW M4, Audi RS5 and Lexus RC F rival writes Geraldine Herbert
1) Only the doors, roof and boot lid are shared between the old and new car.
2) There are two versions to choose from the Coupe AMG GT with 470bhp or the ‘S’ version with 503bhp.
3) The S version goes from 0 to 100 in an astonishing 3.9 seconds. That’s not quite as fast as a Cheetah but its very impressive. The “regular” version is no slouch either and gets there in 4.
4) Though it won’t win any fuel efficiency awards it is certainly more efficient than you would reckon and returns between 8.9-8.6 litres per 100 km or about 32 mpg.
5) Style dilettantes will love the muscular AMG body kit which includes aggressive front bumper, side skirts, boot lip spoiler and twin chromed outboard exhaust outlets.
6) With all this power comes the need for safety and like all Mercs the C 63 Coupe is crammed with safety systems, though we reckon the drowsiness detection system is not one you will need!
7) Underneath the bonnet is a 4.0-litre V8 that is the same one already used in the C 63 Saloon and the C 63 Estate.
8) Merc’s dual-clutch seven-speed gearbox makes for quick and seamless shifts.
9) Prices have yet to be announced.
10) The Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe will make its European debut on 15th September at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
19th August, 2015