Months before its official world premiere VW has revealed its all-new low cost Golf-sized electric car writes Geraldine Herbert
1) Volkswagen’s Golf-sized electric car and the first member of a new family of EVs from Volkswagen, the ID 3 has been revealed.
2) It is the German car company’s first ground-up electric car.
3) More members of the family will be revealed over time and all will bear the name ID.
4) The range will depend on which battery buyers opt for but is likely to be between 320Kms up to around 548 km.
5) Wondering about the name? Apparently ID. stands for intelligent design, identity and visionary technologies
6) You can reserve your own ID.3 by logging on to a new ID. hub
7) 1,000-euro deposits are required to secure one of the first ID.3s.
8) The ID.3 will be revealed o the public at the Frankfurt motor show in September.
9) We expect the car to hit the streets of Ireland in the summer of next year.
10) Prices are yet to be announced so it remains to be seen just how affordable this new electric car will be.
8th May 2019