Nissan has unveiled its first all-electric coupé crossover, the Ariya writes Geraldine Herbert
1) What exactly is the Ariya, you wonder? It’s an electric SUV.
2) Unveiled last year as a concept at the Tokyo Motor Show the Ariya will go on sale in Ireland next Autumn and will be available to pre-order at your local Nissan dealer from January.
3) Unlike the Leaf that is just available in front-wheel-drive, the Ariya will have a two-wheel-drive version and a twin electric motor setup that will enable all-wheel-drive performance.
4) Not only is the 2021 Ariya cool and futuristic looking according to Nissan it is the most technologically advanced car they have ever made.
5) The new electric crossover will come in five versions
6) There will be a choice of two batteries a 63kWh and 87 kWh.
7) It comes with an enhanced version of ProPILOT, a semi-autonomous, advanced driver assistance system which is available in the current Nissan Leaf
8) Like a spacious, airy cabin? You’ll love this The reimagined interior allows for an entirely flat floor, resulting in a wide, open lounge-like experience and the most spacious cabin in its class.
9) In terms of size, the new Ayira is a slightly bigger car than the Qashqai
10) Should you desire a lengthy road trip there is nothing to stop you as the Ariya has a range of up to 500km depending on battery choice.
16th July 2020