Volkswagen’s new Amarok is the only pick up with a V6 turbodiesel engine writes Suzanne Keane
1) From the outside the new Volkswagen Amarok doesn’t look all that different. Along with a larger choice of wheels (up to 20”) the front end has been given a facelift to give a more powerful and sporty appearance.
2) New goodies which will be available on Highline models include Bi-Xenon headlights, LED daytime running lights and a leather interior.
3) The biggest change for this Amarok is the addition of a new V6 engine to the line-up. This 3.0litre diesel engine will be available with various power outputs but the range topper has 550Nm torque and 224bhp.
4) The new V6 engine in the Amarok has been paired with permanent all-wheel drive and an 8 speed automatic gearbox.
5) The most powerful V6 engine will propel the Amarok from 0-100 km/h in just 7.9 seconds.
6) The new VW Amarok has a towing capacity up to 3.5 tonnes.
7) Three trim levels will be available – Trendline, Comfortline and Highline. The Trendline comes with 16” steel wheels and air conditioning while the Comfortline gets 17” alloys, colour coded front bumper, auto head lights, rain sensors, 6.33” touchscreen, cruise control and parking sensors. The range topping Highline comes with 18” alloys, Bi-Xenon headlamps, LED daytime running lights, Alcantara/Leather seats, reversing camera and tyre pressure monitoring.
8) Prices for the new Amarok will start at €37,450 (€31,268 ex VAT) for a 6 speed manual V6Trendline model with 163bhp rising to €52,240 (€43,623 ex VAT) for an 8 speed automatic Highline with 224bhp.
9) The V6 Amarok was officially launched at the National Ploughing Championships in Co.Offaly this year where visitors were given the opportunity to experience the pick-up’s off-roading capabilities.
10) The new VW Amarok will be available for 24-hour test drives from October.
23rd September, 2016