VW has unveiled a small and affordable member of the ID family writes Geraldine Herbert
1. The ID.2 promises to be as spacious as a Golf and as inexpensive as a Polo, so a price range of around €25,000.
2. It can travel up to 450 km on a single charge.
3. It will be equipped with innovations such as Travel Assist, IQ.LIGHT or Electric Vehicle Route Planner.
4. Based on a new, smaller version of the Volkswagen Group’s MEB platform it will be front-wheel drive.
5. The ID.2 is set to go on sale globally in 2025.
6. Size wise the ID.2 is slightly smaller than the current Polo and is 4,050mm long, 1,812mm wide and 1,530mm tall.
7. The boot can swallow an impressive 490-litres and 1,330 litres with the seats folded.
8. Charing from 10% up to 80% will take around 20 minutes.
9. No details are available yet about the battery.
10. The ID.2 is one of ten new VW electric models to be introduced by 2026, This year we will see the introduction of the new ID.3, the ID. Buzz with long wheelbase and the ID.7. This will be followed by a compact electric SUV in 2026 and Volkswagen is also working on an electric car at a price of less than €20,000.
15th March, 2023