- Don’t switch on the engine until you are ready to go; a modern car does not need to warm the engine up. But do put the engine on if you need to run the heater/demister before you move off.
- Clean any snow off the car’s roof and bonnet as well as windows.
- When you get in the car, make sure all extras such as lights, heaters and the radio are turned off before you try starting it.
- Clean your windows inside and out – a dirty screen will cause the windows to mist up much quicker.
- When you’re ready to go, switch the engine and heater on (air con if you have fitted; it keeps the screen dry) so that the windows don’t steam up.
- Use the ‘ice’ setting if your car has one and it’s cold enough.
For more driving advice check out our Tips section
21st, January 2013