The Road Safety Authority (RSA) has suspended all driving tests since Friday 13 March 2020. Those who have a driving test scheduled during this period will have the test rescheduled free of charge and we will be directly in contact with candidates in the coming days. Updates around the re-starting of driving tests will be published on rsa.ie and RSA social media. All centres are operating as normal for the Driver Theory Test (DTT).
National Car Test (NCT)
In the interests of the safety and welfare of staff and customers, only a small number of customers are allowed into the waiting area at a time. The following guidelines have been issued by the NCT;
1) Once checked in, please return to your car and wait until advised when it is your turn to enter the building
2) We are taking these measures in line with the social distancing guidelines that have been issued by the HSE
3) We also ask that you please ensure your vehicle is clean, tidy and free of any unhygienic matter such as used tissues and wipes
4) Ensure that the air vents in your car are closed and the fans are on low settings
5) We also ask that customers pay by card where possible to reduce the chance of cross infection by using cash.
The Irish Petroleum Industry Association is assuring motorists that there will be no disruption to supply of petrol or diesel over the duration of the Covid-19 period and beyond.
At the moment dealerships and garages are open throughout the country.
Visits to the National Driving Licence Centre from today will be by appointment only. In these circumstances, the NDLS is prioritising customers whose licences are due to expire in the next 2-3 weeks.
Since last Friday all government offices are closed until further notice so only online renewal of motor tax is now possible.
16th March 2020