Volvo has taken the wraps of its gorgeous new V60 Estate writes Geraldine Herbert
- The all new Volvo V60 was unveiled today in the driveway of a family home in Stockholm.
- Customers in Germany, Italy, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, UK and USA but not unfortunately Ireland can avail of a car subscription Car by Volvo – a new premium subscription alternative to buying or leasing a vehicle.
- The new estate is set to compete with rivals such as BMW’s 3-Series Touring, Audi’s A4 Avant and the estate version of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
- The V60 is also designed to plug the gap left by the V70, which the Swedish car maker stopped producing in 2016.
- Engine options include petrol and diesel engines plus two plug-in hybrids.
- Think of the new V60 as a funsize S90 – both inside and out it is virtually identical and benefits from the same contemporary styling and thoughtful design.
- For safety the V60 is as good as you would expect and it comes equipped with a comprehensive list of safety features that come as standard, including advanced driver-support systems known from the 90 series and XC60.
- It is due in Ireland in late Autumn and prices will be confirmed closer to launch.
22nd February, 2018